Tooth-Colored Fillings – Cary, NC
A Safe, Seamless Way to Treat Cavities
Tooth decay is much more common than you might have thought. According to the American Dental Association, an estimated 91% of Americans over the age of 20 have had at least one cavity in their lives, and more than 25% of people currently have untreated tooth decay. In the past, the only way to repair decayed teeth was with fillings made of an amalgam of various metals. Not only do these fillings leave a grayish blotch in your smile, but they actually led to dental health problems over time. That’s why at Cary Dental Rejuvenation, Dr. Singh offers tooth-colored fillings as a safe, seamless way to treat cavities. To find out more about how your dentist in Cary can repair your smile, contact us today!
Why Choose Cary Dental Rejuvenation for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Conservative Treatment with Attractive Results
- Skilled, Experienced Dentist Who Puts Your Comfort First
- Comfortable Dental Office with Spa-Like Amenities
What Are Tooth-Colored Fillings Made From?
Tooth-colored fillings are made from a malleable substance called composite resin. This material is made from ultra-fine particles of glass, dental porcelain, and ceramic. Unlike metal, composite resin can be customized to match the color of your existing tooth enamel. Not only that, but it is able to chemically bond with the enamel, which makes it easy to place and effective at sealing out harmful bacteria.
Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
In addition to their lifelike appearance, there are plenty of reasons why patients and dentists alike prefer tooth-colored fillings to amalgam fillings:
- More conservative option – Composite resin resembles a putty and adheres well to enamel. As a result, less of your natural tooth structure needs to be removed to create room for the filling.
- Safe, stable material – Metal expands and contracts when exposed to heat and coldness, which can eventually cause small cracks in your tooth. In contrast, composite resin remains the same shape and size no matter the temperature surrounding it.
- Minimal sensitivity – While metal fillings often cause tooth sensitivity, tooth-colored fillings create a tight seal, protecting the nerves inside of the tooth from bacteria, irritation, and sensitivity.
- Biocompatible solution – Tooth-colored fillings contain absolutely zero mercury or metal, making them a great choice for patients with allergies or sensitivities to metal.
The Tooth-Colored Fillings Process
Often, getting a tooth-colored filling only takes one visit to our office. First, your dentist in Cary will numb your mouth and remove the decayed portions of the enamel. Then, Dr. Singh will use a shade guide to find out exactly which shade of composite resin will best blend in with the rest of your smile. He’ll sculpt it onto your tooth until it’s built up to the ideal structure. Once it looks perfectly natural, the resin is hardened with a curing light. After we polish the tooth and make sure your bite feels normal, you’ll be free to enjoy your cavity-free smile!